Chez Benjamin et Hélène.
When I came back from Toulouse, I stopped by in Paris to see my friend Benjamin and his girlfriend Hélène (I forgot to take a picture of them, but I'll do next time I see them!).
They are living in a lovely flat (quite big with "poutres apparentes"), in a really lively pedestrian walkway , full of shops and really noisy people, in the center of Paris (métro sentier).
Getting there was actually quite funny:- my train from Toulouse was 2 hours late, and so my lovely neighbour "pouffe parisienne" was calling "her sweetheart" every 10 minutes to tell him that the train still hasn't moved !!! And actually, the whole car was on the phone every 5 min + I got to hear a really complete range of ring tones !!!!
- a guy chatted me up in a really obvious way in the métro (It was my first time!! (in the métro!))...
- Finally, while waiting for the métro, a girl came to see me and said "I'm catholic" --- I was like " heu, good for you !!", and then she asked if I was religious and if I wanted to talk about it !!! In the métro !!! So, I was kind of rude (but i was really surprised), but I told her that I didnt want to discuss about what I believed in with a stranger in the métro...(good way of getting rid of her) lol... Poor german catholic girl !! (yeah, she thought i was german too because I had a map of Paris !!! Do I look german to you ?!?)
Anyway, I finally got to my friends flat, and Benjamin cooked a really nice meal while Hélène was making cocktails !!! Perfect evening !!!After a really noisy night, we had a massive breakfast (with pains au chocolat !!) yum yum
Then, I did some serious-books shopping in the afternoon, and catched a train back to Caen with Karina. We were talking in english (as usual...) while everybody were staring at us (grrr, rude frenchies) (as usual...), and so we moved and stayed next to the cool gang of the train (2 guys with guitars, singing) (and all the kid dancing next to them) lol !!!
So it was a nice end of nice holidays (but unfortunately way too short !!!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home